The island of Zanzibar, known locally as Ugunja, is a beautiful and historically rich destination at the crossroads of African and Arabic cultures. It offers many attractions as well as a colorful island adventures. Paje
on the East coast of Zanzibar is a beach of clear white sand, facing the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. The luxury resort of Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is perfectly positioned on its beachfront. Thanks to calm, shallow waters and our premium destination protected by the reef, Paje is also a world-class spot for both advanced and beginner kite surfers.
View our beach in real-time
thanks to our webcams:
- The resort is located 40 km from Zanzibar International Airport (ZNZ) - about one hour drive from Stone Town Airport.
- Time zone: East African Time (EAT), GMT +3.
- Dry seasons: July to October, December to April.
- Temperature: Low: 20°C / 68°F | High: 33°C / 91°F
- Sea temperature: Low: 25°C /77°F | High: 29°C/84°F
Transfers to and from Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa
We recommend our comfortable luxury cars have A/C and Wi-Fi connection on board. For assistance with transfers, please contact email@example.com .
Traveling to Zanzibar: Good to know
VISAS & ARRIVAL
- It is possible for international travelers to purchase their visas online at this page (recommended). Alternatively, visas may be purchased at the airport upon arrival at the rate of 50 USD per person (credit card or cash).
- We recommend to check visa requirements for your country of origin before traveling to Tanzania.
- A departure tax may apply only for passengers traveling on chartered flight (Meridiana, Condor,…). For scheduled flights, there is no departure tax.
- We recommend purchasing the VIP airport assistance at arrival and/or departure (skip the queues, luggage assistance). Contact us for more information.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- We have developed health & safety protocols for our hotel. For any information and current updated information, please consult our COVID-19 page.
While we are not able to recommend whether to take anti-malarial medicine or not, please note that Paje is a rather windy environment most of the time, with little mosquitoes. We recommend caution and take anti-bug sprays.
The water provided in taps and showers at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa comes from our own well and has been processed through our desalinization plant – it is pure and clean water which is safe for drinking.
Vaccines: please consult the up to date information on the CDC (Center for Disease control and Prevention) website or consult with your Tanzanian embassy
Paje, on the East Coast of Zanzibar, is subject to a strong tidal range. The high and low tides alternate every 6 hours and vary by 45 minutes from one day to the next. When the tide is low, the water goes out which allows you to walk along the beach with ankle-deep water and see the beautiful colors of the sea while the water is up to 2 meters deep near the beach at high tide, with always a part of beach. Most of the day is mid-tide though and allows for comfortable swimming in a crystalline water.
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa accepts major payment methods (Bank transfer, VISA, MasterCard, cash, PayPal). Checks are not accepted.
- There are ATMs in Paje and in Stone Town (approximately one hour drive) but most businesses accept credit card payments (5% fee usually applies).
- Currencies usually accepted are USD, EUR and TZS. Please note that banknotes older than 2010 are not accepted on the island.