We are OPEN and ready to host guests with safety protocols.
Today, more than ever, a stay in a luxury villa with a private pool and up to 1500 m2 of private area - with services of a butler and meals delivered to your room, is the perfect setting to relax, recharge and enjoy a beautiful stay in the natural tropical paradise that is Zanzibar.
Your health and that of our employees remains our utmost priority.
Traveling to Zanzibar
Is Zanzibar open for travel and tourism? Yes.
The Tanzanian airspace is open. We are pleased to confirm that flights inbound including Qatar Airways, FlyDubai, KLM, Air France and Ethiopian airlines, as well as all domestic flights, into Zanzibar and Tanzania, are operating normally.
Do I need a negative PCR test to enter Tanzania? Yes, if you are not vaccinated.
As of 12th August 2022:
- Vaccinated travelers do not need to hold a negative PCR test. The travelers must present valid proof of vaccination with QR code at arrival. The only valid vaccines are those approved by URT and WHO.
- Non-vaccinated travelers must hold a negative PCR test with QR code obtained within 72h prior before departure.
- Not fully or unvaccinated traveler with no negative COVID-19 PCR certificate will be tested at their own cost on arrival in Zanzibar (100 USD). The result will be sent while self-isolated.
- Children age 12 years and below are exempt from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
- For all AAKIA departingtravelers throuh FlyDybai, Emirates, or Etihad who wish to take a conventional PCR test conducted 24-48 hours prior to departure, a fee of 80 USD will be payable online via the Zanzibar COVID-19 testing system (zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz) while those who opt for a rapid PCR test on the day of departure or in less than 24 hours before departure, a fee of 110 USD will be payable. Appointment times are to be fixed online for all rapid PCR test for eligibility and registration at the COVID-19 departure testing booth.
All travelers must also fill in a declaration of health at this link at least 24h prior to arrival.
We do our best to advise the current regulations but as those may change, please consult your airline or Tanzanian Embassy before traveling and for any more information.
Can I get a PCR test made in Zanzibar? Yes.
Zanzibar offers an option for travelers to book and pay for their appointment and view results for Covid PCR test via the Government application: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/app/application
- Tests are available to be made at the hotel.
- The closest test facility is Makunduchi hospital, 30 min. drive from the hotel.
- The results will be available on the same application 24h from the time of the sample.
- While the hotel is not responsible for the organization of the PCR testing, we will be happy to assist with any information as well as printing the documents obtained via email following the booking of your appointment.
Can I get a PCR test made at the hotel? Yes.
For your convenience, it is now possible to do a PCR test at the hotel. Click here to learn more ("mobile test at the resort").
What precautions are taken at the airport?
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring their temperature.
- We strongly advise to purchase the VIP arrival with assistance to a lounge on arrival and skipping queues as well as our private transfer to ensure privacy and sanitation protocols from the plane exit.
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival (10 days in advance recommended). The visa is also available to purchase on arrival.
What precautions are taken at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa?
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is located 1 km from the nearest village. This geographic context is an asset to ensure an intimate experience.
- Please refer to the paragraph below for all the detailed information on our sanitary precautions and measures.
At Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa
We have developed protocols in partnership with Relais & Chateaux as well as the Tanzanian and Zanzibar Health departments, based on the World Health Organization recommendations, to ensure your safety during your stay in the ‘Spice Island’ of Zanzibar. Please click below to download.
Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is proud to be a qualified and vetted Trusted Travel Partner of TourSafe Africa, whose mission is to provide a resource for travelers to identify reputable accommodations and tour operators that have pledged to take steps to ensure proper practices as determined by international health and safety experts.
NOT SURE ABOUT BOOKING?
We have updated our policies to ensure you can cancel for FREE up to 30 days prior to arrival (valid for bookings made prior to December 1st 2022). Please see our terms and conditions at this page.
In any case, we would be glad to offer you some useful information and see how we can help you.
Therefore, feel free to contact us by email.
August 30th 2022, Zanzibar