We are OPEN and ready to host guests with safety protocols.
Today, more than ever, a stay in a luxury villa with a private pool and up to 1500 m2 of private area - with services of a butler and meals delivered to your room, is the perfect setting to relax, recharge and enjoy a beautiful stay in the natural tropical paradise that is Zanzibar.
Your health and that of our employees remains our utmost priority.
Traveling to Zanzibar
Is Zanzibar open for travel and tourism? Yes.
The Tanzanian airspace is open! We are pleased to confirm that flights inbound including Qatar Airways, FlyDubai, KLM and Ethiopian airlines, as well as all domestic flights, into Zanzibar and Tanzania, are operating normally.
Do I need a negative PCR test to enter Tanzania? It depends.
Though Tanzania does not require a negative PCR test for entry, certain airlines and routes may require the carrying of a negative PCR test. Please refer to your airline or relevant embassy regarding requirements for transit countries. International travelers do NOT have to quarantine upon arrival.
Can I get a PCR test made in Zanzibar? Yes.
The hotel can help facilitate the COVID-19 testing and certificate delivery. This needs to be coordinated at least 72 hours prior to departure.
- This service requires the guests to present themselves to a Health Facility in Stone Town.
- The cost is 140$ per test person, NOT including return transfer to/from Stone Town.
- The transfer cost is 90$ each way (160$ return transfers) for up to 4 pax.
- The certificate is delivered within 72 hours approximately and has to be collected at the hospital. This can be done on the way to the airport or alternately we can collect the certificate for you but then an additional transfer cost ($90) will apply.
- Stone Town is located approximately one hour drive from the hotel and guests may take advantage of this trip to visit the city, do a Stone Town tour, shop for souvenirs or visit a Spice Farm.
What precautions are taken at the airport?
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring their temperature.
- We strongly advise to purchase the VIP arrival with assistance to a lounge on arrival and skipping queues (85$ per arriving guest / 95$ at departure) as well as our private transfer to ensure privacy and sanitation protocols from the plane exit.
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival (10 days in advance recommended). The visa is also available to purchase on arrival.
What precautions are taken at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa?
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is located 1 km from the nearest village. This geographic context is an asset to ensure an intimate experience.
- Please refer to the paragraph below for all the detailed information on our sanitary precautions and measures.
At Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa
We have developed protocols in partnership with Relais & Chateaux as well as the Tanzanian and Zanzibar Health departments, based on the World Health Organization recommendations, to ensure your safety during your stay in the ‘Spice Island’ of Zanzibar. Please click below to download.
Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is proud to be a qualified and vetted Trusted Travel Partner of TourSafe Africa, whose mission is to provide a resource for travelers to identify reputable accommodations and tour operators that have pledged to take steps to ensure proper practices as determined by international health and safety experts.
NOT SURE ABOUT BOOKING?
We have updated our policies to ensure you can cancel for FREE up to 14days prior to arrival. Please see our terms and conditions (valid for NEW bookings) at this page.
In any case, we would be glad to offer you some useful information and see how we can help you.
Therefore, feel free to contact us by email.
February 24h 2021, Zanzibar