Is Zanzibar open for travel and tourism? Yes.
The Tanzanian airspace is open. We are pleased to confirm that flights inbound including Qatar Airways, FlyDubai, KLM and Ethiopian airlines, as well as all domestic flights, into Zanzibar and Tanzania, are operating normally.
Do I need a negative PCR test to enter Tanzania? Yes.
As of May 4th 2021, a negative PCR test "using sample collected at least 72h prior to arrival in Tanzania" is required for all travelers arriving to Tanzania, which includes Zanzibar.
All travelers must also fill in a declaration of health at this link at least 24h prior to arrival.
- All travelers, whether foreigners or returning residents entering or leaving Tanzania will be subjected to an enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection including a rapid test to those arriving from countries with high numbers of COVID cases. The cost for the rapid test in 25$ per traveler.
- Travelers from India: whether foreigners or returning residents arriving from countries with new COVID-19 variants based on WHO daily updates or those who have traveled through the country in the last 14 days regardless if route taken shall be subjected to rapid test at point of entry followed by 14 days mandatory quarantine at their own cost.
Please consult your airline or Tanzanian Embassy for any more information.
Can I get a PCR test made in Zanzibar? Yes.
Zanzibar offers an option for travelers to book and pay for their appointment and view results for Covid PCR test via the Government application: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/app/application
- The closest test facility is Makunduchi hospital, 30 min. drive from the hotel (return transfer: 70$ per car up to 4 persons).
- The results will be available on the same application 48h from the time of the sample.
- While the hotel is not responsible for the organization of the PCR testing, we will be happy to assist with any information as well as printing the documents obtained via email following the booking of your appointment.
Can I get a PCR test made at the hotel? Yes.
For your convenience, it is now possible to do a PCR test at the hotel. Click here to learn more ("mobile test at the resort").
What precautions are taken at the airport?
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring their temperature.
- We strongly advise to purchase the VIP arrival with assistance to a lounge on arrival and skipping queues (85$ per arriving guest / 95$ at departure -- cost does not include visa cost) as well as our private transfer to ensure privacy and sanitation protocols from the plane exit.
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival (10 days in advance recommended). The visa is also available to purchase on arrival.
What precautions are taken at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa?
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is located 1 km from the nearest village. This geographic context is an asset to ensure an intimate experience.
- Please refer to the paragraph below for all the detailed information on our sanitary precautions and measures.
In any case, we would be glad to offer you some useful information and see how we can help you.
Therefore, feel free to contact us by email.