Is Zanzibar open for travel and tourism? Yes.
The Tanzanian airspace is open. We are pleased to confirm that flights inbound including Qatar Airways, FlyDubai, KLM, Air France and Ethiopian airlines, as well as all domestic flights, into Zanzibar and Tanzania, are operating normally.
Do I need a negative PCR test to enter Tanzania? Yes, if you are not vaccinated.
As of 16th March 2022:
- Vaccinated travelers do not need to hold a negative PCR test. The travelers must present valid proof of vaccination with QR code at arrival. The only valid vaccines are those approved by URT and WHO.
- Non-vaccinated travelers must hold a negative PCR test "using sample collected at least 72h prior to arrival in Tanzania".
If travelers originate from countries listed at www.moh.go.tz or Points of Entry will be tested for COVID 19 upon arrival using a Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD (TZS 23,000) and 25 USD (TZS 58,000) for Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar respectively.
- Travelers non-vaccinated arriving from United Arabs Emirates (UAE) will be tested with Exponential Deep Examination (EDE) scanner as described in section 5 of this advisory. If found positive they will be tested with RT- PCR for confirmation (see section 6 for Zanzibar), allowed to self-isolate and the results will be sent via email or any other means.
All travelers must also fill in a declaration of health at this link at least 24h prior to arrival.
We do our best to advise the current regulations but as those may change, please consult your airline or Tanzanian Embassy before traveling and for any more information.
Can I get a PCR test made in Zanzibar? Yes.
Zanzibar offers an option for travelers to book and pay for their appointment and view results for Covid PCR test via the Government application: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/app/application
- The closest test facility is Makunduchi hospital, 30 min. drive from the hotel (return transfer: 70$ per car up to 4 persons).
- The results will be available on the same application 24h from the time of the sample.
- While the hotel is not responsible for the organization of the PCR testing, we will be happy to assist with any information as well as printing the documents obtained via email following the booking of your appointment.
Can I get a PCR test made at the hotel? Yes.
For your convenience, it is now possible to do a PCR test at the hotel. Click here to learn more ("mobile test at the resort").
What precautions are taken at the airport?
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring their temperature.
- We strongly advise to purchase the VIP arrival with assistance to a lounge on arrival and skipping queues (85$ per arriving guest / 95$ at departure -- cost does not include visa cost) as well as our private transfer to ensure privacy and sanitation protocols from the plane exit.
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival (10 days in advance recommended). The visa is also available to purchase on arrival.
What precautions are taken at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa?
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is located 1 km from the nearest village. This geographic context is an asset to ensure an intimate experience.
- Please refer to the paragraph below for all the detailed information on our sanitary precautions and measures.
In any case, we would be glad to offer you some useful information and see how we can help you.
Therefore, feel free to contact us by email.