Is Zanzibar open for travel and tourism? Yes.
The Tanzanian airspace is open. We are pleased to confirm that flights inbound including Qatar Airways, FlyDubai, KLM, Air France and Ethiopian airlines, as well as all domestic flights, into Zanzibar and Tanzania, are operating normally.
Do I need a negative PCR test to enter Tanzania? Yes, if you are not vaccinated.
As of 12th August 2022:
- Vaccinated travelers do not need to hold a negative PCR test. The travelers must present valid proof of vaccination with QR code at arrival. The only valid vaccines are those approved by URT and WHO.
- Non-vaccinated travelers must hold a negative PCR test with QR code obtained within 72h prior before departure.
- Not fully or unvaccinated traveler with no negative COVID-19 PCR certificate will be tested at their own cost on arrival in Zanzibar (100 USD). The result will be sent while self-isolated.
- Children age 12 years and below are exempt from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
- For all AAKIA departingtravelers throuh FlyDybai, Emirates, or Etihad who wish to take a conventional PCR test conducted 24-48 hours prior to departure, a fee of 80 USD will be payable online via the Zanzibar COVID-19 testing system (zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz) while those who opt for a rapid PCR test on the day of departure or in less than 24 hours before departure, a fee of 110 USD will be payable. Appointment times are to be fixed online for all rapid PCR test for eligibility and registration at the COVID-19 departure testing booth.
All travelers must also fill in a declaration of health at this link at least 24h prior to arrival.
We do our best to advise the current regulations but as those may change, please consult your airline or Tanzanian Embassy before traveling and for any more information.
Can I get a PCR test made in Zanzibar? Yes.
Zanzibar offers an option for travelers to book and pay for their appointment and view results for Covid PCR test via the Government application: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/app/application
- Tests are available to be made at the hotel.
- The closest test facility is Makunduchi hospital, 30 min. drive from the hotel.
- The results will be available on the same application 24h from the time of the sample.
- While the hotel is not responsible for the organization of the PCR testing, we will be happy to assist with any information as well as printing the documents obtained via email following the booking of your appointment.
Can I get a PCR test made at the hotel? Yes.
For your convenience, it is now possible to do a PCR test at the hotel. Click here to learn more ("mobile test at the resort").
What precautions are taken at the airport?
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring their temperature.
- We strongly advise to purchase the VIP arrival with assistance to a lounge on arrival and skipping queues as well as our private transfer to ensure privacy and sanitation protocols from the plane exit.
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival (10 days in advance recommended). The visa is also available to purchase on arrival.
What precautions are taken at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa?
- Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa is located 1 km from the nearest village. This geographic context is an asset to ensure an intimate experience.
- Please refer to the paragraph below for all the detailed information on our sanitary precautions and measures.